We’re Sky, Europe’s biggest entertainment brand. Think top-quality shows. Breaking news. Innovative tech. Must-have products. Careers here mean the freedom and support you need to make an impact – pushing boundaries, creating solutions, hitting targets. And as part of our close-knit team, you’ll enjoy plenty of benefits. Plus, experiences you’ll only find at Sky.
“In Finance Operations, you will be part of the financial heart of Sky, working to ensure the team continues to be recognised as a World Class finance team. You’ll be key to driving our change agenda to ensure we deliver for our business partners, freeing them to focus on delivery for our Customers. We’re looking forward to welcoming you to our friendly team” – Financial Controller
Sky Q, a generous pension and private health care. Access to over 12,000 LinkedIn Learning courses to support your development. And if that’s not enough, our Scotland offices have a subsidised canteen, free shuttle bus service, on-site gym and much more.
To find out more about working with us, search #LifeatSky on LinkedIn, Twitter or Instagram.
As a Financial Analyst in the Cash team, you will be a key part of the Finance Operations Leadership team, working with the Financial Controller, Financial Analyst and wider team to deliver both the operational and strategic objectives of the department. The is a new role within the team designed to supplement our current skills and expertise, focusing particularly on improving UK/IT bank reconciliations, UK monthly cashflow reporting, Group bank account management and Group SOX control requirements.
– Have shared responsibility for preparing and delivering the monthly UK management and statutory cash flow statements, assisting with continuous improvement projects to improve data gathering.
– Cash forecasting development and support – working with the team to develop the quality and accuracy of our direct cashflow forecasting, management and statutory reporting – working with our colleagues in UK Group, Treasury and other teams to enhance and develop linkages between the different Cash forecasts produced within Sky.
– Supporting and managing the Cash team’s monthly reconciliation processes, targeting improvements in the underlying processes to prevent age items. Ensuring the requirements of Group’s reconciliation policy are adhered to and managed effectively.
– Help to deliver effective and efficient Bank Account Management for the Group by both assisting with requests, process improvement and problem solving, developing a deep underlying knowledge of Sky’s banking policy and structure.
– Line management responsibility for up to several direct reports, providing added support to the existing team members, ensuring good engagement and satisfaction evidenced in our biannual People Survey.
– Support and maintain a strong, robust and well-designed control environment liaising with Comcast Global Audit, Sky Group Risk, Controls & Assurance and Deloitte on a regular basis throughout the year.
– Support other processes within the team including Sky UK payment and expenses related tasks and Sky Italia payment and reporting processes.
– Contribute to the wider continuous improvement agenda within Finance Operations, improving and developing existing processes.
– Owning relevant reporting and monitoring of key performance indicators within the team currently including cash forecasting and bank reconciliations
– Knowledge and experience of indirect Cashflow reporting (Statement of cash flow preparation) and techniques will be highly preferred in this role. Candidates without this experience will be considered, though a premium will be placed on technical knowledge including working capital and a well-rounded view of not only the operational but also the financing and investing flows across an organisation.
– Strong technical and accounting knowledge skills with the ability to absorb new information readily and react quickly.
– An organised and methodical individual, possessing attention to detail whilst working under pressure.
– Experience working within a shared service environment is desirable
– Experience of managing individuals, setting objectives and targets as well as developing their skills.
– Proven record of delivery, particularly of insightful and value adding analysis to customers
– Excellent communication skills, with experience of presenting to senior stakeholders and building strong, long lasting relationships with them.
– Strong IT skills – Excel, Power point, SAP experience would be beneficial
– A self-starter attitude, relying less on direction and more on personal initiative.
So, what are you waiting for? Apply now for a chance to forge your own career path and be brilliant as part of a bright, talented team.
Just so you know: if your application is successful, we’ll ask you to complete a criminal record check. And depending on the role you have applied for and the nature of any convictions, we might withdraw the offer.
We’re happy to discuss flexible working.
It’s our people that make Sky Europe’s leading entertainment company. That’s why we work hard to be an inclusive employer, so everyone at Sky can be their best.
A job you love to talk about