We’re Sky, Europe’s biggest entertainment brand. Think top-quality shows. Breaking news. Innovative tech. Must-have products. Careers here mean the freedom and support you need to make an impact – pushing boundaries, creating solutions, hitting targets. And as part of our close-knit team, you’ll enjoy plenty of benefits. Plus, experiences you’ll only find at Sky.
This role is an exciting opportunity to join us and work within our Corporate Communications Team
Enjoy a generous pension and 25 days paid annual leave. And if that’s not enough, our award-winning Osterley campus boasts six subsidised restaurants, a cinema, gym, and much more.
To find out more about working with us, search #LifeatSky on LinkedIn, Twitter or Instagram.
In this role, you will be responsible for supporting the Director of Corporate Communications by managing the corporate press office across all channels, including corporate social, print, broadcast and owned media; formulating, leading and delivering priority corporate PR campaigns, particularly leading on communications for key regulatory and public affairs activity, and managing reactive issues.
You will also focus on working with teams across Sky to manage reputational issues, as well as playing an important role in crisis communications management.
– Formulate and lead on the delivery of corporate communications campaigns and plans in support of the corporate affairs strategy
– Run a best in class press office
– Line manage members of the Corporate Communications team
– Support the Director of Corporate Communications in ensuring that Sky is operating at the forefront of best practice in crisis and issues management preparedness
– Effectively manage day to day media contact for corporate media, across Business, Tech, Media and Telco.
– Manage Sky’s corporate PR agency
– Act as a trusted source of company commentary in the media
– Provide counsel to management and different business departments on corporate reputation, and ensure that they are appropriately supported and prepared for media activity and other external engagements
– Partner with public and regulatory affairs colleagues to support Sky’s policy objectives and manage our reputation in a dynamic environment.
– Significant corporate communications experience in a leadership role
– A strong understanding of media relations and reputation management
– Excellent relationships with relevant media across national and trade press
– The ability to operate at pace and lead a team in a large, highly-regulated organisation
– Experience of managing several competing priorities and challenges in a high-pressure environment
– Experience managing agencies
So, what are you waiting for? Apply now for a chance to forge your own career path and be brilliant as part of a bright, talented team.
Just so you know: if your application is successful, we’ll ask you to complete a criminal record check. And depending on the role you have applied for and the nature of any convictions, we might withdraw the offer.
We’re happy to discuss flexible working.
It’s our people that make Sky Europe’s leading entertainment company. That’s why we work hard to be an inclusive employer, so everyone at Sky can be their best.
A job you love to talk about