Want to do the best work of your life? Make your mark at Europe’s leading entertainment brand. Our people make Sky a truly exciting and inclusive place to work – a place where you can be yourself and let your skills shine.
Part of the Sky family, we’re NOW TV, here to give people gloriously good TV, movies, sports and broadband free from contracts. That’s the entertainment they want, when they want it, how they want it, all on their terms. Our team members work with agility and each have the power to change what we do and how we do it, all to improve the viewing experience on the 60+ devices our customers can watch our app on.
Our team also develops technology for the broader Sky Group and Comcast, our parent company, supporting multi-propositional applications across the United States and Europe, such as NBCU’s Peacock in the US, Sky Spain and Sky X in Austria. No matter the device, the time or the place, we make sure that engaging large, diverse audiences with premium entertainment is possible. Our vision is to deliver the world’s best entertainment.
“Our work relies on building and maintaining the strongest relationships with other delivery teams across Sky and Sky’s partners. Collaboration and continuous improvement are at the heart of what we do. We’re looking forward to welcoming more talented people in our team” – Senior Scrum Master
What you’ll do:
- Create extremely well-crafted front-end web applications using React.js and Redux
- Write resilient code that will be continuously tested, deployed and performed at scale
- Be part of a self-organising and cross functional Agile team
- Be a leader within the team, actively improving overall software quality whilst also helping fellow team members
- Contribute to the team’s technical direction and the improvement of its tools and processes
- Be responsible for ensuring our website is highly performant, resilient, secure and monitored in production
What you’ll bring:
- Good understanding of development best practices such as pair programming, TDD, continuous integration and continuous delivery
- Good understanding of/experience with CI tools (Jenkins, Concourse) and testing frameworks
- Experience with optimising web applications in areas such as performance, security and resilience
- Ability and enthusiasm to push for new improvements across the code base and influence/learn from a large community of developers
- Ability to help in coaching and mentoring junior members of the team
There’s a reason people can’t stop talking about #LifeAtSky. Our great range of rewards really are something special. Here are just a few:
- NOW TV premium subscription
- Sky Q, for the TV you love all in one place
- Generous pension package and private healthcare plan
- Discounted mobile and broadband
- Access to thousands of LinkedIn Learning and Pluralsight courses
- A permanent, secure contract from the start (no probationary period)
Our Osterley campus is a 10-minute walk from Syon Lane train station. Or you can hop on one of our free shuttle buses that run to and from Osterley, Chiswick Park, Gunnersbury, Acton Town and Ealing Broadway tube stations. There’s also plenty of parking, bike shelters and showers.
On campus you’ll find six subsidised restaurants and a Waitrose. You can keep in shape at our subsidised gym, catch the latest shows and movies at our cinema, get your car washed and even get pampered at our beauty salon.
We don’t just look at your CV. We’re more focused on who you are and the potential you’ll bring to Sky. We also know that everyone has a life outside work, so we’re happy to support our people as much as we can with flexible working.
Especially during these challenging times, we’ll do everything we can to support you during your application. We’re currently recruiting through a fully remote interview process and you’ll also be able to start work with us remotely. But you’ll need to be living in the UK at the time of start and able to work freely in the country.
If you need us to make any adjustments to our recruitment process, speak to our recruiter, Wander Amorim, who will be happy to support you.
Apply now to build an amazing career and be part of a brilliant team. We can’t wait to hear from you.
To find out more about working with us, search #LifeAtSky across social media.
A job you love to talk about
Just so you know: if your application is successful, we’ll ask you to complete a criminal record check. And depending on the role you have applied for and the nature of any convictions you may have, we might have to withdraw the offer.