We’re Sky, Europe’s biggest entertainment brand. Think top-quality shows. Breaking news. Innovative tech. Must-have products. Careers here mean the freedom and support you need to make an impact – pushing boundaries, creating solutions, hitting targets. And as part of our close-knit team, you’ll enjoy plenty of benefits. Plus, experiences you’ll only find at Sky.
“Our team are the trusted experts in driving trading performance. We derive actionable insights and work collaboratively across multiple teams to generate returns for the business. There is no more exciting place to work at Sky!” – Tim, Head of Insight & Trading Performance
This role is an exciting opportunity to join us and work within our Trading Performance & Insight Team.
Sky Q, a generous pension and private health care. Access to over 12,000 LinkedIn Learning courses to support your development. And if that’s not enough, our award-winning Osterley campus boasts six subsidised restaurants, a cinema, gym, and much more.
To find out more about working with us, search #LifeatSky on LinkedIn, Twitter or Instagram.
– Be responsible gathering daily and weekly insights on Virgin Media’s customer offering, to be used to help inform our trading strategy.
– Insight would include, but not be limited to, Pricing & Promotions (via external provider FDM), review of the Virgin retail offering, deep insight into the product offering (by having Virgin products in the household), combined with Sky Joiners and Leavers surveys. The insight would be gathered, distilled into key points and fed back real-time into the Heads/Directors of Trading along with recommendations.
– Be the expert in everything there is to know about Virgin; what they are doing, where, and why. Build up a portfolio of data over time which will trend how Virgin have traded, aligned to their reporting calendar and use this information to make recommendations on how Sky should trade. Collate data from internal and external sources and presenting the finding the leadership group to help guide decisions
– Work with Sky’s Insight Decision Science team, communicating the impacts of Competition on Joiners and Leavers
– Be working with the Drop Out Retention Team, collate performance from existing performance reporting and communicate what is happening, understanding what is happening and what options are available to optimise performance.
– Expand competition insights from Virgin to other competitors
– Credible skills and able to present work to the Director/Managing Director of Trading, with excellent presentation skills (written and verbal)
– Brilliant collaborator skills – able to work across a matrix organisation with the product owners, CSG and finance to ensure the Sky leadership team makes informed and timely trading decisions
– Tireless and results driven mentality, able to continually critique and optimise performance with a Positive mind-set
– Experience, gained in a Media, FMCG or research business; 3-5 years; 2:1 university degree (or equivalent); proficient in Microsoft excel and powerpoint
So, what are you waiting for? Apply now for a chance to forge your own career path and be brilliant as part of a bright, talented team.
Just so you know: if your application is successful, we’ll ask you to complete a criminal record check. And depending on the role you have applied for and the nature of any convictions, we might withdraw the offer.
We’re happy to discuss flexible working.
It’s our people that make Sky Europe’s leading entertainment company. That’s why we work hard to be an inclusive employer, so everyone at Sky can be their best.
A job you love to talk about