We’re Sky, Europe’s biggest entertainment brand. Think top-quality shows. Breaking news. Innovative tech. Must-have products. Careers here mean the freedom and support you need to make an impact – pushing boundaries, creating solutions, hitting targets. And as part of our close-knit team, you’ll enjoy plenty of benefits. Plus, experiences you’ll only find at Sky.
At NOW TV, we approach everything we do with fresh eyes, we’re bold, ambitious and are revolutionising the sector. We’re positive, upbeat, up for it and progressive – always on, putting the customer at the heart of what we do. Innovation is in our DNA. We’re the only place you can enjoy Sky Cinema and Sky Sports without a contract or monthly subscription. We are TV on our customers terms. We are NOW TV.
This role is an exciting opportunity to join us and work within our NOW TV family.
As part of the Sky family, you’ll enjoy either: Sky Q (requires a one-off installation payment) or a NOW TV premium package, as well as a generous pension and private health care. You’ll also have access to over 12,000 LinkedIn Learning courses to support your development. And if that’s not enough, our award-winning Osterley campus boasts six subsidised restaurants, a cinema, gym, and much more.
To find out more about working with us, search #LifeAtSky on LinkedIn, Twitter or Instagram.
As a Senior Scala Software Developer, you will be a disciplined professional that displays technical aptitude and will possess a level of business acumen.
You will work in a dedicated product stream as part of a self-organising and empowered team. Using Extreme Programming (XP) techniques including TDD, Pair Programming and Continuous Integration you will ensure that code quality is paramount whilst delivering high-quality working software to a production environment.
– Deliver production-ready, tested software in small increments
– Provide technical leadership to the development team
– Work as part of the team to support and maintain the live product (including first line support)
– Participate and lead when appropriate agile ceremonies including daily stand-up meetings, reviews, and retrospectives
– Collaborate with the Technical Analyst and testers in the creation of backlog items, providing information such as cost (estimates) and technical risk
– Work with the testers to identify and ensure acceptance criteria are satisfied
– A passion for Agile software delivery and Knowledge of Scrum, Kanban and XP
– Practitioner of techniques including pair programming, TDD and BDD
– Proven delivery experience of high volume, high availability, large-scale backend system
– A background in Continuous Integration and Delivery practices
– Scala and Java 8, Reactive Systems
– Micro Services Architecture
– Testing tools (ScalaTest) & mock frameworks (mockito)
– Akka, RESTful APIs, Unix
– Experience with Cassandra or other No SQL databases
So, what are you waiting for? Apply now for a chance to forge your own career path and be brilliant as part of a bright, talented team.
Just so you know: if your application is successful, we’ll ask you to complete a criminal record check. And depending on the role you have applied for and the nature of any convictions, we might withdraw the offer.
We’re happy to discuss flexible working.
It’s our people that make Sky Europe’s leading entertainment company. That’s why we work hard to be an inclusive employer, so everyone at Sky can be their best.
A job you love to talk about