We’re Sky, Europe’s biggest entertainment brand. Think top-quality shows. Breaking news. Innovative tech. Must-have products. Careers here mean the freedom and support you need to make an impact – pushing boundaries, creating solutions, hitting targets. And as part of our close-knit team, you’ll enjoy plenty of benefits. Plus, experiences you’ll only find at Sky.
In NOW TV we approach everything we do with fresh eyes, we’re bold, ambitious and are revolutionising the sector. We’re positive, upbeat, up for it and progressive – always on, putting the customer at the heart of what we do. Innovation is in our DNA. We’re the only place you can enjoy Sky Cinema and Sky Sports without a contract or monthly subscription. We are TV on our customers terms. We are NOW TV.
This role is an exciting opportunity to join us and work within our in NOW TV family.
As part of the Sky family, you’ll enjoy either: Sky Q (requires a one-off installation payment) or a NOW TV premium package, as well as a generous pension and private health care. You’ll also have access to over 12,000 LinkedIn Learning courses to support your development. And if that’s not enough, our award-winning Osterley campus boasts six subsidised restaurants, a cinema, gym, and much more.
To find out more about working with us, search #LifeAtSky on LinkedIn, Twitter or Instagram.
As a project team we strive to work by the best agile practise, we are passionate about collaboration and delivering value to the customer. As a member of the team you will inspire the team to keep quality, performance and customer experience at the forefront of everything that we do.
– Develop high quality, testable and performant software using agile practices such as pair programming and TDD
– Contribute to the technical direction of the team
– Drive best technology and software development practices into the team with passion and enthusiasm
– Passionate about your work and committed to helping the team improve
– Assist analysts and business stakeholders in shaping, estimating and planning new requirements
– Release and support NOW TV in the live environment
– Strive for continuous improvement within the team
– Take an active role in Story definition, assisting QA’s and business stakeholders with Acceptance criteria
– Participate in regular showcases of new work to business stakeholders
– Strong experience with React Native
– Experience with TDD and Experience of Mocking Frameworks
– Comfortable with version control systems (Specifically but not limited to GIT)
– Strong problem solving and analytical skills
– Experience of agile development practices
– Comfortable working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
– Bachelors’ degree or equivalent industry experience
– Experience of software development for high capacity, high traffic, high availability websites/systems
So, what are you waiting for? Apply now for a chance to forge your own career path and be brilliant as part of a bright, talented team.
Just so you know: if your application is successful, we’ll ask you to complete a criminal record check. And depending on the role you have applied for and the nature of any convictions, we might withdraw the offer.
We’re happy to discuss flexible working.
It’s our people that make Sky Europe’s leading entertainment company. That’s why we work hard to be an inclusive employer, so everyone at Sky can be their best.
A job you love to talk about