We’re Sky, Europe’s biggest entertainment brand. Think top-quality shows. Breaking news. Innovative tech. Must-have products. Careers here mean the freedom and support you need to make an impact – pushing boundaries, creating solutions, hitting targets. And as part of our close-knit team, you’ll enjoy plenty of benefits. Plus, experiences you’ll only find at Sky.
This role is an exciting opportunity to join us and work within our Broadband & UK Sales Team in NOW TV.
As part of the Sky family, you’ll enjoy either: Sky Q (requires a one-off installation payment) or a NOW TV premium package, as well as a generous pension and private health care. You’ll also have access to over 12,000 LinkedIn Learning courses to support your development. And if that’s not enough, our award-winning Osterley campus boasts six subsidised restaurants, a cinema, gym, and much more.
To find out more about working with us, search #LifeAtSky on LinkedIn, Twitter or Instagram.
As a Technical Analyst, you will help the development team be efficient and agile by acting as a facilitator and conduit between the business and the development team. An experienced technologist responsible for the concept, definition, exploration, and execution for customer facing (Web) technical solutions in the Sales & Service department.
You will be joining the Broadband & UK Sales team as a Technical Analyst within the Sales & Service department.
– Facilitate workshops and showcases to capture and analyse business requirements with scope
– Work with a highly skilled, self-organising, cross functional development team to find the best technical solution for new features and requirements
– Be able to work with an agile delivery mindset
– Create user stories using analysis techniques such as BDD and INVEST
– Work with the Product Owner to maintain both product and sprint backlogs
– In conjunction with the Product Owner, to engage with the wider stakeholders
– Develop a strong and in-depth understanding of the Broadband & UK Sales journeys
– Identify and analyse risk and impact dependencies for escalation
– Be a constant source of product information
– The ability to write clear and in-depth user stories
– Experience in agile delivery and you are someone with an agile mind-set to work
– Great understanding of techniques such as BDD, User Story Mapping and the ability to help Minimum Viable Products for projects and features
– Great collaboration and facilitation skills. You should have the ability to get the best out of people, develop great working relationships, facilitate meetings, planning sessions and bring people together.
– Skills as a problem solver. Know that even if you don’t know the answer, someone will.
– Ability to work across multiple work streams and projects at any given time
– Experience to prioritise work and make key decision when the called up
– Good understanding of APIs and how they are used for front end web development
– Exceptional communication (verbal & written) and interpersonal skills
So, what are you waiting for? Apply now for a chance to forge your own career path and be brilliant as part of a bright, talented team.
Just so you know: if your application is successful, we’ll ask you to complete a criminal record check. And depending on the role you have applied for and the nature of any convictions, we might withdraw the offer.
We’re happy to discuss flexible working.
It’s our people that make Sky Europe’s leading entertainment company. That’s why we work hard to be an inclusive employer, so everyone at Sky can be their best.
A job you love to talk about