We’re Sky, Europe’s biggest entertainment brand. Think top-quality shows. Breaking news. Innovative tech. Must-have products. Careers here mean the freedom and support you need to make an impact – pushing boundaries, creating solutions, hitting targets. And as part of our close-knit team, you’ll enjoy plenty of benefits. Plus, experiences you’ll only find at Sky.
“The Technology M&E team provides a 24-hour service, and this is reflected in this role being a shift position working to a continental pattern.
The Tech M&E team aim to be self-supporting which provides ample opportunity to expand and develop your existing skills within a supportive team. We are looking for team player that can integrate into a long-established team of diverse skills and backgrounds” – Manager
Sky Q, a generous pension and private health care. Access to over 12,000 LinkedIn Learning courses to support your development. And if that’s not enough, our award-winning Osterley campus boasts six subsidised restaurants, a cinema, gym, and much more.
To find out more about working with us, search #LifeatSky on LinkedIn, Twitter or Instagram.
As an engineer in the Technology M&E department, you will be part of a team providing all the core infrastructure that keeps Sky on air and our customers happy.
You will be responsible for the maintenance and repair of Cooling and electrical systems that support the data centres and studios providing Television, Telephony and Broadband to our 10M+ customers.
Your core tasks will be;
– Routine maintenance of building M&E infrastructure
– Reactive response to studio & data centre cooling & power
– Self-delivering repairs to our M&E assets
– Occasional small installation of electrical and water services
– An NVQ level or equivalent qualification in an Electrical or Mechanical trade.
– Knowledge and experience of mechanical systems within a built environment, with a focus on chilled water systems and electric driven pumps.
– Knowledge and experience of Electrical systems within a built environment.
– An understanding of standby generation
– An understanding of HVAC systems
– An understanding of Chilled water systems
– An understanding of UPS systems
– Knowledge of control systems
So, what are you waiting for? Apply now for a chance to forge your own career path and be brilliant as part of a bright, talented team.
Just so you know: if your application is successful, we’ll ask you to complete a criminal record check. And depending on the role you have applied for and the nature of any convictions, we might withdraw the offer.
We’re happy to discuss flexible working.
It’s our people that make Sky Europe’s leading entertainment company. That’s why we work hard to be an inclusive employer, so everyone at Sky can be their best.
A job you love to talk about