We’re Sky, Europe’s biggest entertainment brand. Think top-quality shows. Breaking news. Innovative tech. Must-have products. Careers here mean the freedom and support you need to make an impact – pushing boundaries, creating solutions, hitting targets. And as part of our close-knit team, you’ll enjoy plenty of benefits. Plus, experiences you’ll only find at Sky.
“The Sky News building is a hive of activity and houses our 24-hour live TV studio, editorial teams for broadcast and digital platforms, and the home of news design. The team have won many awards over the years and continue to innovate and build on these successes” – See examples of our work here https://www.behance.net/SkyNews – Daniel, Senior Design Producer
Sky Q, a generous pension and private health care. Access to over 12,000 LinkedIn Learning courses to support your development. And if that’s not enough, our award-winning Osterley campus boasts six subsidised restaurants, a cinema, gym, and much more.
To find out more about working with us, search #LifeatSky on LinkedIn, Twitter or Instagram.
Junior Designers provide a broad range of creative work across all Sky News output, comprising fast turnaround design responding to breaking news and ongoing stories, collaborating with the wider design team across broadcast and digital platforms. You need the ability to multi-task and work effectively both on your own and as part of a team in a time sensitive environment. The nature of the work means that you need to work a flexible schedule on a shift rotation.
Working Pattern: 4 days per week (Sunday-Saturday)
7am – 5.30pm
8am – 6.30pm
10am – 8.30pm
11.30pm – 10pm
– Providing immediate support to breaking news stories across all platforms.
– Delivering graphics for a wide variety of media, including television, mobile, online and print, to varying timescales.
– Working with producers to comprehend the detail of a story so that your graphics are clear and easy to understand.
– Liaising closely with production teams to ensure they are clear of your progress, asking them to prioritise conflicting demands so that you can be doing the right thing at the right time.
– Communicating with the design team, making them aware of what you are doing and making yourself aware of what they are doing.
– Ensuring that your design work conforms to Sky News’ brand values.
– Formal training in design with an awareness of art and design in the widest sense.
– Good conceptual and creative skills.
– The ability and confidence to liaise with production on briefs and take direction from Senior Designers, Senior Design Managers and the Head of Design.
– Be able to clearly demonstrate skills in the fundamentals of design: composition, typography, colour theory and image making.
– Be a talented information designer and data visualiser who is proficient in the use of Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator.
– An awareness of motion design or animation using Adobe After Effects, Cinema 4D or another 3D software package.
– Can realise a brief within a short space of time to a high standard.
– Have an awareness of the variety of ways in which our content can be accessed.
So, what are you waiting for? Apply now for a chance to forge your own career path and be brilliant as part of a bright, talented team.
Just so you know: if your application is successful, we’ll ask you to complete a criminal record check. And depending on the role you have applied for and the nature of any convictions, we might withdraw the offer.
We’re happy to discuss flexible working.
It’s our people that make Sky Europe’s leading entertainment company. That’s why we work hard to be an inclusive employer, so everyone at Sky can be their best.
A job you love to talk about