We’re Sky, Europe’s biggest entertainment brand. Think top-quality shows. Breaking news. Innovative tech. Must-have products. Careers here mean the freedom and support you need to make an impact – pushing boundaries, creating solutions, hitting targets. And as part of our close-knit team, you’ll enjoy plenty of benefits. Plus, experiences you’ll only find at Sky.
At NOW TV we approach everything we do with fresh eyes, we’re bold, ambitious and are revolutionising the sector. We’re positive, upbeat, up for it and progressive – always on, putting the customer at the heart of what we do. Innovation is in our DNA. We’re the only place you can enjoy Sky Cinema and Sky Sports without a contract or monthly subscription. We are TV on our customers terms. We are NOW TV
“We are looking for an experienced Technical Programme Manager in NOW TV to help formulate and drive our project and programmes across multi territories. As a member of the team within Pay Lite Software Delivery Team, you will work in a friendly, supportive environment with like-minded, passionate people delivering the software and solutions that power the finest Sales & Service and OTT TV experiences in the UK” – Programme Manager
As part of the Sky family, you’ll enjoy either: Sky Q (requires a one-off installation payment) or a NOW TV premium package, as well as a generous pension and private health care. You’ll also have access to over 12,000 LinkedIn Learning courses to support your development. And if that’s not enough, our award-winning Osterley campus boasts six subsidised restaurants, a cinema, gym, and much more.
To find out more about working with us, search #LifeatSky on LinkedIn, Twitter or Instagram.
– Leading release planning and coordinating estimation activities involving representatives from all aspects of the delivery process and being able to challenge these
– Creating and maintaining delivery plans for software releases including aspects of preparation, development, testing, customer trial and deployment.
– Collaboration with multi-disciplinary teams to keep a release discrete whilst also understanding in detail the scheduling and release ramifications across major components that make up the overall platform
– Effective planning of NOW TV software projects, programmes and releases for the NOW TV platform that offer value to the business and are achievable based on the available development and test resources.
– Leading the virtual team of delivery focussed colleagues whose individual and team contributions are critical to the success of each software release.
– Managing relationships and assuring delivery from internal NOW TV, Sky and external vendor / partner teams that contribute to the delivery of NOW TV software releases
– Supporting department in NOW TV in production of budgets, estimates, plans and strategy for the department.
– Working closely with the Heads of Software Engineering to ensure all commitments are met.
– A proven track record of technical delivery of projects with 5 plus years in a senior delivery role
– Solid project management and execution skills
– Excellent internal and external stakeholder and vendor management ability
– Relevant technical experience, ideally with an understanding of OTT, Streaming services and Sales and Service capabilities
– Worked in the Agile Framework with the ability to build and evolve delivery tools and processes
– Ability to demonstrate a pragmatic approach to release management in terms of inclusion or exclusion of features within a time bound release schedule.
– Be a positive and charismatic leader, able to set clear direction and lead by example, managing delivery through others using the skills and capabilities within the team to achieve shared goals
– The ability to think strategically and tactically about technical and cross-functional issues and aptitude (and experience) communicating and collaborating across teams
So, what are you waiting for? Apply now for a chance to forge your own career path and be brilliant as part of a bright, talented team.
Just so you know: if your application is successful, we’ll ask you to complete a criminal record check. And depending on the role you have applied for and the nature of any convictions, we might withdraw the offer.
We’re happy to discuss flexible working.
It’s our people that make Sky Europe’s leading entertainment company. That’s why we work hard to be an inclusive employer, so everyone at Sky can be their best.
A job you love to talk about