We’re part of Europe’s leading entertainment brand, with over 23 million customers across seven countries. Think top-quality shows, breaking news, innovative technology – we make life better by entertaining and connecting people. Whether in front of the camera or behind the scenes, it’s a genuine team effort. That’s why we want talented people, like you, to join us and help make the future happen.
As NOW TV is part of the Sky family, you’ll benefit from either: free Sky Q (one-off payment required for installation) or a NOW TV premium package, as well as an excellent pension scheme, yearly bonus plan and private health care. You’ll also have access to continuous training and over 12,000 LinkedIn Learning courses to support your development. And if that’s not enough, our impressive Osterley campus boasts a number of subsidised restaurants, gym facilities, a large cinema, barber/hair salon, grocery stores, laundry service, mail delivery offices and much more to make your day with us even more enjoyable.
At NOW TV it’s key for our developers to create excellent quality software through Agile practices such as Test Driven Development and Pair Programming, as well as automated, multi-layer testing.
- Create extremely well-crafted front-end web applications using React.js and Redux
- Be part of a self-organising and cross functional Agile team
- Champion best practices such as Pair Programming, TDD, Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery
- Write resilient code that will be continuously tested, deployed and performed at scale
- Be a leader within the team, actively improving overall software quality whilst also helping fellow team members
- Contribute to the team’s technical direction and the improvement of its tools and processes
- Be responsible for ensuring our website is highly performant, resilient and secure
- Ensure our website is well maintained and monitored in production
- Good experience with back-end technologies
- Good understanding of and experience with CI tools (Jenkins, Concourse)
- Experience with optimising web applications in areas such as performance, security and resilience
- Ability to push for new improvements across the code base and influence/learn from a large community of developers
- Ability to help in coaching and mentoring junior members of the team
To find out more about working with us search for #LifeatSky on LinkedIn, Twitter or Instagram.
*We’re happy to talk about flexible working
It’s our people that make us Europe’s leading entertainment company. That’s why we work hard to be an inclusive employer, so everyone at Sky can be their best.
If you are successful in your application for this role, your appointment will be subject to receiving a positive outcome from your Criminal Record Check.
A job you love to talk about