“You’ll play a key role in our national and international news-gathering. A key figure in the newsroom and on- the-road, you’ll be expected to deliver breaking news, big-name interviews and original journalism” ~ Associate Editor, Sky Sports News
Work as on-screen presenter on Europe’s leading 24-hour sports news channel, delivering up to date news on live programmes. You will be expected to work closely with various production teams having an input into creating and delivering running orders.
• Present Sky Sports News bulletins and different strands across Sky Sports News linear programming.
• Present Multi-Platform content across different digital & social platforms.
• Deliver new and original journalism and break high profile stories, as well as providing commentary and analysis on the big sporting issues.
• Work closely with production teams to ensure complicated and picture-light stories are delivered in the most interesting and informative way.
• Liaise with senior output staff to ensure story telling remains creative, interesting and innovative and makes best use of technology.
A prepared showreel that can be submitted via the application process (required)
• Motivation and enthusiasm as a broadcast journalist with a proven track record in breaking stories and delivering interviews (required)
• An NCTJ/BJTC, or other industry equivalent qualification, demonstrating knowledge of all applicable OFCOM governance and law (required)
• A broad and deep knowledge of all sports, contemporary news stories and current affairs.
• Good, clear broadcast voice.
• Engaging presenting style, mixing authority, integrity, warmth with passion and enthusiasm to any sports news story.
• An ability to take instruction through ear-piece
• An ability to deliver original, creative and innovative treatments and stories for all platforms.
• Excellent skills as a live broadcaster and presenter.
• An ability to work calmly under pressure.
• Ability to read autocue, ad-lib and work without scripts to deliver breaking news stories and updates
• An understanding of television production techniques.
So, what are you waiting for? Apply now for a chance to forge your own career path and be brilliant as part of a bright, talented team.
We’re Sky, Europe’s biggest entertainment brand. Think top-quality shows. Breaking news. Innovative tech. Must-have products. Careers here mean the freedom and support you need to make an impact – pushing boundaries, creating solutions, hitting targets. And as part of our close-knit team, you’ll enjoy plenty of benefits. Plus, experiences you’ll only find at Sky.
Sky Q, a generous pension, 25 days paid annual leave and private health care. Access to over 12,000 LinkedIn Learning courses to support your development. And if that’s not enough, our award-winning Osterley campus boasts six subsidised restaurants, a cinema, gym, and much more.
To find out more about working with us, search #LifeatSky on LinkedIn, Twitter or Instagram.
Just so you know: if your application is successful, we’ll ask you to complete a criminal record check. And depending on the role you have applied for and the nature of any convictions, we might withdraw the offer.
We’re happy to discuss flexible working.
It’s our people that make Sky Europe’s leading entertainment company. That’s why we work hard to be an inclusive employer, so everyone at Sky can be their best.
A job you love to talk about