Technology (Livingston, Scotland)
Applications are currently closed.
A variety of projects. Pioneering software. Industry-leading technology. This 24-month programme gives you the chance to make an impact on both our business and your career. Applications are currently closed.
As an Apprentice on this programme, you’ll be placed within one of three teams depending on the outcome of your assessment centre. The teams are as follows:
- Operations – This department is responsible for Design, Deliver and Support our Tech UK infrastructure, which includes Virtualization, Servers, UNIX, Databases, Data Centre, Storage and Workload Automation. You’ll learn about how these systems are crucial to keeping all of Sky’s Business areas working to ensure a seamless customer experience for any that uses or contacts Sky.
- Project Management/Coordination – In this role, you’ll play a key part in managing Infrastructure Delivery projects involving changes to technical infrastructure and support services. This covers a wide variety of projects including In-Building and Data Centre Projects.
- UK Information Systems Team – You will gain experience in a number of Software Engineering areas, which may include Testing, Automation, Technical Analysis, Operational Support and Development. These teams provide Technical solutions and services to all our Contact Centre and Engineer communities as well as maintaining the systems required to support various online and interactive services provided to Sky’s 11 million UK customer base.
Qualification achieved: Level 8 IT and Telecoms Professionals SCQF
What we look for:
- A passion for technology and Sky’s business
- Excellent communication and team working skills
- Able and motivated to learn quickly in this fast-paced environment and work well under pressure
- Ability to problem-solve and think logically
- Confident, personable and adaptable
- A minimum of 5 National 5's (including in English and Maths). For certain roles, we’re looking for people with a strong maths background so Highers in Maths is highly desirable
Happy to talk flexible working.
It’s our people that make Sky Europe’s leading entertainment company. That’s why we work hard to be an inclusive employer, so everyone at Sky can be their best.
If you are successful in your application for this role, your appointment will be subject to receiving a positive outcome from your Criminal Record Check.
Believe in better