Simon always puts his best foot forward – whether that’s helping his customers or helping his colleagues
The people behind sky posted on 3 Aug
“I like the way that we can view our Customer Satisfaction Survey within minutes. This helps me improve my chats for the future”
- Name: Simon
- Job title: Live Chat Service Advisor
- How did you get to where you are now? I started on the phones in the TV team and later joined the Home Move team. I then trained for Telephone and Broadband Technical, and finally when the Live Chat role became available I used all of the above knowledge to secure my current role.
- How have you made a difference in your role? I’ve always been quick to put my name forward for any secondment opportunities, so through my work with the Stockport Power Of One Team I’ve helped make our office a better place to work. For example I’ve helped to improve NPS (Net Promoter Score) and customer satisfaction by providing my colleagues general day to day tips and tricks to make things easier for them.
- Describe a typical day… My day involves dealing with different types of customers and queries from billing and TV to broadband and telephone. There’s also more and more customers coming to us with questions on social media and emails about Sky Go, Sky Apps etc. My job is like a concierge service and if I can answer with the question, I do. But if not, I can get the customer through to the right team.
- What’s your work environment like? We’re currently a small team but we all share knowledge and help each other where we can. Live Chat is becoming increasingly popular and is a great department to work in.
- What’s the most enjoyable thing about your job? I like the way I’m able to think a little bit more about what it is that I’m typing as I’ve got more time. I also like the way that we can view our Customer Satisfaction Survey within minutes. This helps me improve my chats for the future.
- Describe your work/life balance?. I have a dog and love spending time with him when I finish from flexible shifts. It’s good for him too as he only has to be in the house alone for just two days in a week.
- What would be your advice to someone who’d want to do what you’re doing? Just go for it as it’s a really great job. And if you already work here, try to spend some time with us to get a better idea of what we do. If you’re considering a position in Customer Service, then Live Chat is a brilliant place to go.
- An interesting fact/something no one else knows about you? I’ve been on an ITV quiz show with Al Murray the Pub Landlord. I didn’t get the star prize but I did win an ashtray!