Hints and tips for your application
‘Listen carefully and don’t be shy about asking your interviewer to repeat something’
As part of the application process you’ll complete our immersive digital assessments. One of these assessments will include a video interview. If you’re applying for any of our finance and software engineering programmes, we’ll also be assessing specific skills. For finance, we’ll ask you to complete a numerical reasoning test. For software engineering, you’ll take part in additional digital assessment where you can show us your coding skills.
Ready to go? Here are some hints and tips to get you started:
• Find somewhere quiet where you won’t get distracted
• It might help to turn off your phone or keep it on silent
• Open a new browser window or close any tabs you aren’t currently using
• Have a pen, some paper and calculator to hand
• Get camera ready. Make sure you’re in a tidy, well-lit space with good internet connection. And of course, test your audio and webcam to check that they’re working fine. We’ll give you some more instructions to help you get set up
• To get you in the swing of things, you’ll get some time to practice recording your answers. Make the most of this so you’re ready for your final take
• We know it might feel a little strange but try and treat the video interview like you would any interview. Dress comfortably, smile and keep focussed on the camera
• And finally, we’re excited to get to know you. Be yourself. Always provide answers that best represent you and what you would do in a given situation.
For the final assessment stage, we’ll invite you to our offices. You’ll get the opportunity to impress us in person and get a feel for what it’s really like to work at Sky.
It’s normal to be nervous but we’re on hand to help you along the way. To prepare, do your research about Sky and come ready to demonstrate your skills and passion. Think about what’s motivated you to apply to work here. We’re keen to hear more about you.
The day could include an individual interview, group discussion or individual exercise. We’ll give you plenty of notice and let you know how best to prepare for these activities. And while it may seem obvious, make sure you plan your journey ahead of time.
Once you’ve completed your assessment day, we’ll let you know when you can expect to hear back from us.
Any questions? Email us at earlycareers@Sky.uk