Technology (Livingston, Scotland)
We’re always looking to improve, developing pioneering products and services that give every one of our customer’s experiences they’ll love. And it’s the work of our brilliant in-house Technology teams that drive these award winning innovations, harnessing our creativity, technology and content.
How our programme works:
As an Apprentice on this programme, you’ll be placed within one of three teams depending on the outcome of your assessment centre. The teams are as follows:
- Conditional Access Team – This department is responsible for the testing and supporting our encryption technologies and also for controlling the Viewing Cards across Sky UK. You’ll learn about the full lifecycle involved to ensure the delivery of a seamless customer experience.
- IDS Development Team – In this role, you’ll play a key part in implementing the best approach to meet the requirements of our customers. You’ll show your analytical skills in developing the most appropriate solution and demonstrate your attention to detail by testing and delivering these requirements. It’s a vital role but we’ll provide you with all the support and guidance you need to deliver great results. To be successful, you’ll have a strong maths background, ideally having completed Highers in Maths.
- UK Information Systems Team – You will gain experience in a number of Software Engineering areas through rotations, which may include Testing, Automation, Technical Analysis, Operational Support and Development. The teams provide services to both our Contact Centre and Engineer communities as well as supporting various online and interactive services provided to Sky’s 11 million UK customer base.
What we look for:
- A passion for technology and Sky’s business
- Excellent communication and team working skills.
- Able and motivated to learn quickly in this fast-paced environment and work well under pressure.
- Ability to problem-solve and think logically
- Confident, personable and adaptable
- A minimum of 5 Standards 1-3 (including in English and Maths). For certain roles, we’re looking for people with a strong maths background so Highers in Maths is highly desirable.
Happy to talk flexible working.