Charlotte works hard to bring to life our image - that is having the greatest customer service
The people behind sky posted on 3 Jun
"Every job is different and every home is different. No day will be the same and I love that."
- Name: Charlotte
- Job title: Specialist Home Service Engineer
- Describe your role in one word: Fun!
- What area of Sky do you work in? I’m field based in London.
- Describe a typical day: A typical day starts with meeting up with my SAT (Special Access Task) partner. We work as a two-person team as we’re required to access roofs and higher locations, where other engineers are unable to. We are given reduced work as the jobs generally take much longer, so we only do maybe 4 or 5 jobs a day compared to 8 or 9. The first customer will get the 8am slot and we’ll do the best we can to give them the best experience we can offer. We always want our customers feeling like they’v got the most out of their visit. From demonstrating our Sky Go or Sky+ apps to perhaps changing over their remotes because one of the buttons is stuck.
- Describe your work/life balance here: Sky have certainly considered this a great deal and it really shows. Sky/my team/ my manager/everyone, respect my life outside of Sky and give me all the support I need if I’m ever over doing one or the other.
- What’s the most enjoyable thing about your role and what surprised you most? The customers are most enjoyable and also surprise me the most. Every job is different and every home is different. No day will be the same and I love that. Working in London gives me the opportunity to meet all the different cultures and hear the most amazing stories. Sometimes, when I have the time, I find myself sitting and listening to the elderly man who is just enjoying someone to talk to.
- What’s the coolest thing you’ve done at Sky? One of the most memorable moments is when I took part in a panel that Sky put together for International Women’s Day. I spoke along side other very inspirational women, as they described their lives and what they did. To be considered in that line up was a great achievement.
- Your top application tip for people applying now – what did you do to stand out when you were applying? Sky have a great image they want to cement into every home and that is 'We have the greatest customer service in the world.’ Bring that attitude to care and cater for our customers and Sky will do the rest.
- An interesting fact no one else knows about you? I can wiggle my ears :).